The Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct of the Diplomacy Competition, henceforth referred to as 'the Code of Conduct', is described below.
The purpose of the Diplomacy Competition, henceforth referred to as 'the Competition', is to model the best practices of collaboration, cooperation, and constructive debate on an online platform regardless of an individual's race, gender, political views, sexual orientation, age, or geographic location.
There is to be:
- Respectful spoken and written language at all times. Language intended to cause offence, such as personal attacks on individuals or teams, will not be tolerated.
- Constructive and positive discussion.
- Courteous behaviour towards all those involved in the planning and running of the Competition, including communicating in a timely manner.
Further to this:
- Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct may resolut in a warning, deduction of points, or suspension from the Competition (depending on the seriousness of the breach). The decision of which measures will be used is solely at the discretion of the Competition Officers.
- By engaging in the Competition, participants agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct and are aware of the consequences of not doing so.